Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kimberly's Story: I'm So Amazing, I'm Undateable

Men in LA seem to want wrecks. The more successful and together i
become, the more my love life suffers. Case in point: I dated this guy
for a little over a month pretty seriously when he broke it off with
me. He spent an hour telling me how wonderful i was. Then i received a
long email telling me that i was "literally" the "coolest girl' he
had "EVER" dated "hands down", and never has he dated some even
"remotely as attractive", and on and on. Nevertheless, things had to
end because he was very recently divorced and "hadn't healed" and
"needed to find himself" and "spend time alone" blah blah blah.

Very soon after I met another guy who i instantly fell for, who seemed
to, in every way imaginable, fall for me for a few magical weeks.
Gazed into my eyes at dinner stating "Wow you are beautiful",
shivering like a little girl when i touched his arm "Oh we have so
much chemistry", spend an hour on IM flirting with me and sending me
sexy pics the night before we were to go to dinner because "2 days is
way too long" to go without seeing each other...i could go on...to
only, shockingly, dump the FUCK out of at dinner that night, after we
laughed like hell and had an amazing intelligent conversation, at a
restaurant we both loved. why you ask? he "just wasn't feelin' it". I
then wrote him a quick email about how he caught me completely off
guard, never had someone seemed so into me, and asked what happened
after speculating about a few categories in which i may have fallen
short. He wrote me back a long email...telling me how amazing i am.
Sex was "sooo great", i was "so funny", "anyone's intellectual match",
he felt "completely comfortable and relaxed" around me, i never "acted
weird or too aggressive"...etc. BUT..he wasn't feeling it "deep down
inside". huh.

One of my best girlfriends was dumped in the exact same way, by a guy
with the same first name, on the same day. Guess what...he went on and
on about how fabulous she was and then DUMPED HER ASS. Our sumation?
WE ARE SO AMAZING THAT WE ARE SIMPLY UNDATEABLE.

No comments: